Welcome to Footloose
Footloose Performance Studios is a place where students of all ages learn to dance, sing and perform. It is a Studio which inspires creativity, encourages self-confidence and celebrates individuality. We believe every student is unique and bring something special to their classes and the Teachers at Footloose are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment so that our students feel empowered and comfortable to reach their full potential.
Here at Footloose, we care about the well-being and happiness of our students and aim to provide a fulfilling, positive and memorable dance experience. Within all of our classes we strive to nurture the growth of our students both as performers and as individuals as we aim to continue enriching our students lives through dance.
Our Studio Values
It is important to us that all staff, students and families are aligned with our values.
- Engaging & Energetic – We aim to provide exciting classes and studio events for our students so that they have a positive and memorable dance experience.
- Community – We value community both within and surrounding our Studio. We are always looking for ways in which we can support and make a difference in the wider community and encourage our students and their families to share, embrace and support others within our studio.
- Inclusive – We welcome students of all abilities in our classes and work together with students and their families to ensure a positive and comfortable experience for all.
- Respect & Integrity – It is important that all our staff, students, parents and families demonstrate respect for each other and themselves. We operate our Studio with integrity with an open door policy for all our Studio members.
- Continuous Improvement – We are firm believers that progress is more important than perfection. While we continue to strive for excellence in our classes, it is the journey and the improvement in our Students that matters most. Our Director and Staff are committed to their own personal and professional development to ensure we are keeping up to date with the current best practice.
General Code of Conduct
- In order to minimize distractions and enhance our student’s learning and skill development, parents / guardians are not permitted to observe regular weekly classes. Our OPEN Week is held in the last week of Term 2 in which we invite families of our students to observe classes and view their child’s progress.
- No classes are to be disturbed and parents/guardians are not to approach teachers or students during class unless it is an emergency. All parents/guardians must wait for students in the waiting areas or outside of the halls until classes have been dismissed. Under no circumstance are parents/guardians to enter the halls while classes are still in progress.
- Teachers are unable to take responsibility for students before & after their scheduled class time. It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure their child is picked up and dropped off at the appropriate time. Upon arrival students are not to disturb classes in progress and should wait quietly until the teacher invites their class to enter the room.
- In the rare case of a parent or student showing disrespect or defamation to Footloose parents, students or staff, a meeting will be called immediately. Physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying by parents, staff or students will not be tolerated and may result in exclusion from the Studio.
- Footloose Performance Studios takes no responsibility for any stolen or misplaced property and encourage students to avoid bringing valuable items to class.
- Footloose Performance Studios management reserves the right to change teachers or timetabling when necessary at any time throughout the year.
- Choreography, costuming and Studio Policies remain the intellectual property of Footloose Performance Studios and may not be reproduced or sold by any students, parents or staff without the permission of the Director.
- Our primary means of communication is via email and all enquiries should be directed to the office via email – email@example.com or phone – 0434 986 780
- All important correspondence including newsletters and invoices will be sent via email. Please ensure you provide us with a current email address that is checked regularly.
- As emails can sometimes end up in SPAM, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
- All information is also posted on our closed Facebook Group. We encourage you to join the group, like the Footloose Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram @footloosestudios
- If you know that your child will be absent due to holidays or school commitments, please let us know ahead of time so the class impact is minimal.
- If your child is too unwell to attend class, we ask that you contact the office as soon as you can so that we can let the teachers know.
Footloose Performance Studios’ Social Media Policy refers to all social media networking platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo. Please see below for our regulations regarding Social Media and feel free to contact our Office Staff if you have any questions.
- Any content revealing or referring to sensitive studio information is not allowed to be shared online.
- Any comments or posts perceived to be obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful towards Footloose Performance Studios staff, students or families may subject the owner to legal action.
- Intellectual property laws (for example, costume design and choreography) must be observed by all studio patrons when posting online.
- All matters pertaining directly to the studio – whether it be fees, scheduling, placements, performance opportunities or general enquiries – must not be communicated via Social Media. We have an open door policy and encourage all communication, complaints and feedback to be communicated to the Office directly via email.
- Parents / students and teachers are discouraged from becoming ‘friends’ or ‘followers’ on Social Media, unless there is a pre-existing relationship prior to your enrolment at Footloose Performance Studios.
- We consider all studio members to be family and as such feel the obligation to respect and monitor personal boundaries.
- Families must not engage in ‘hidden’ or ‘private’ groups formed for the specific purpose of discussing studio matters. All Families are instead encouraged to join our closed Facebook group for public discussion and should not discuss Studio matters in other private online groups.
- Photographs / videos that feature Footloose Performance Studios dancers must be used appropriately and must not contain any identifying information including but not limited to names, ages or location.
- All classes are Invoiced per Term (pro-rata).
- Invoices are sent at the commencement of each Term and are due to be paid in full by the due date.
- Families who do not comply with their fee or costume payment obligations will be charged a late fee, and/or excluded from participating in classes and performances. External debt collection may occur when fees remain overdue and this will be at the expense of the parent.
- No deductions will be given for missed classes (due to sickness, holidays or other commitments) .
- Make-up lessons are available for missed classes subject to availability and must be organised with the office.
- No deductions or refunds will be given for students who withdraw mid-term.
- Deductions may be given where long term injury or illness affects attendance but must be authorised by the Director and may require a Medical Certificate.
- Payment plans are available on request.
- Parents who sign up with Auto Pay do not need to pay the Term Fees in FULL but instead will be charged in two instalments in weeks 1 and 5 of each Term.
- Costume expenses are the responsibility of the parent, and costumes will not be distributed to students with unpaid class/costume fees.
Health & Safety Policies
- Footloose Performance Studios has set up and will where possible ensure safe dance environments for their students.
- As Footloose Performance Studios hire all its venues our protocols are governed by the WH&S policies of each particular venue.
- Appropriate emergency procedures exist and staff understand the procedures relevant to their location.
- Footloose Performance Studios staff has the responsibility and authority to ensure that health and safety objectives are achieved. They will identify and eliminate unsafe acts, procedures, conditions, equipment, and hazards of all kinds where practical or notify the hirer of potential risks.
- Behaviour from students, parents or visitors that may cause an unsafe environment, will not be tolerated.
- Parents/Guardians must be responsible for students before and after class times. Footloose Performance Studios will not provide supervision to students outside of class time.
- Students are not to wait outside the hire venues without supervision. No student (under 18 years) is to wait outside or leave the hire venues unless accompanied by a parent or carer.
- Emergency evacuation maps are located around the hire venues.
- Fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets are located within the hire venues.
- Approved WHS First aid kits are kept on site at each venue.
FOOD, DRINK, ALCOHOL AND DRUG POLICY
- Food and/or drink is not permitted in the hire venues, with the exception of a water bottle.
- Footloose Performance Studios request that nuts/ nut products are not brought on the premises, however the studio cannot ensure that the hire venue is ‘nut free’.
- The possession or consumption of illicit or non-prescribed drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
- Parents, students, volunteers and/or employees must not arrive at Footloose Performance Studios or any event representing Footloose Performance Studios, impaired by the effects of illicit drugs or alcohol.
INJURY / FIRST AID POLICY
- It is the responsibility of the student or parent/guardian to inform Footloose Performance Studios of any prior or current illnesses or injuries on enrolment or prior to class.
- Footloose Performance Studios MUST be notified of any medical conditions including but not limited to Allergies, Asthma, Diabetes etc that a student may have. Footloose Performance Studios will not be held responsible for allergic reactions outside of class time, however first aid will be provided if required.
- Any student who has been diagnosed as being at risk of Anaphylaxis should bring an EpiPen to class labelled with their name and a management plan should be provided to the office. This EpiPen will be administered by a first aider if required, under the instruction of 000 staff if an emergency arises.
- Footloose Performance staff have first aid training. In the event of an injury, Footloose Performance Studios will administer First Aid treatment by a qualified first aider to the level of the ability of the first responder. If medical services are necessary and an ambulance required, the student/parent will incur the costs. In the administration of appropriate first aid physical contact may be required.
- Where an injury occurs, the student’s parent/guardian will be contacted as soon as practical by Footloose Performance Studios staff using the contact information given on the students registration form. It is the responsibility of parents and caregivers to ensure that this information is up to date.
- Injuries that occur on the premises will be recorded on the Injury / Incident report form.
- Footloose Performance studios has injury insurance.
- All significant injuries are to be documented and registered with our insurance company within 24hrs of the injury occurring.
BEHAVIOUR / CONDUCT POLICY
- Footloose Performance Studios does not tolerate any form of bullying, swearing, indecent or disrespectful language, defamatory comments, or indecent or disrespectful conduct from employees, students, parents/guardians, family members, or visitors.
- Any individual who demonstrates any of the above will be asked to withdraw from Footloose Performance Studios immediately. This behaviour includes at the hire venues or on social media.
- Negative communications between parents and/or students will not be tolerated by Footloose Performance Studios. Where negative communications take place, the parents and students involved will be asked to withdraw from Footloose Performance Studios immediately. This includes at the venues on social media, or on the internet.
- Any person who does not comply with Footloose Performance Studios Terms and Conditions will forfeit their position at Footloose Performance Studios and, to the extent permitted by law, will not be entitled to refund.
- The following will not be tolerated in person, via email, via text messaging or via the internet; Verbal abuse or shouting, Physical Abuse, Excluding or isolating a person, Psychological harassment, Humiliating a person through sarcasm, criticism or insults, Ignoring or belittling a person’s contribution or opinion.
- Where any persons feel that they are the victim of bullying, they should discuss the matter directly with the person/people concerned and request an end to the behaviour. Should this approach fail or be inappropriate, the victim can contact Footloose Performance Studios office for assistance in resolving the matter.
PHYSICAL CONTACT POLICY
- Physical contact between a teacher and student may be required to demonstrate, correct or assist with dance or tumbling movements.
- In the event of an injury, physical contact may be required between a First Aider and injured student or visitor.
- Any inappropriate or indecent physical contact between staff, students or visitors of Footloose Performance Studios must be reported immediately.