Congratulations! You have taken the first step towards becoming part of our fabulous Footloose Teaching Team! Please start by reading through the following information carefully. If you like what you see and want to proceed with your application to join our team, complete the form at the bottom of the page and we will be in touch.
Footloose is fast becoming a popular and recognized Studio on the Upper North Shore. We are known for our family friendly, relaxed environment and the encouraging and positive class atmosphere we provide.
Our families value our age appropriate classes, choreography and costuming and our ongoing support and belief in our students.
We provide classes from 2 years that build our students skills and nurture their confidence. We have several styles available including Jazz, Hip Hop, Ballet (RAD), Tap (Glenwood), Musical Theatre, Acro (Acrobatic Arts) as well as tailored preschool programs. We currently run 70 classes a week Monday-Saturday across our two locations (Hornsby & Berowra) and have over 300 students currently enrolled.
As a team we work towards building an inclusive Studio Community where every student, parent and teacher is a valued and supported part of our Footloose Family and we aim to provide our Students and their families with a dance experience to remember.
Hi! My name is Candice. Like many dance teachers, I started dancing at the age of 3 and haven’t stopped. Commencing my teaching career at 15 I have always had a passion for teaching and sharing my love of dance and the Performing Arts with my students. I graduated from ED5 with a Certificate IV in Performing Arts and since opening my own Studio it has become my mission to enrich the lives of our students by providing them with quality dance tuition and a positive and memorable dance experience.
As a Studio Owner and Dance Teacher I am well known within the local community. I personally have ongoing involvement with Community Theatre Companies and our Studio runs the Dance Programs in many local public schools on the North Shore. I thrive on building relationships with the students and families within our Studio and am looking for Teachers who share that same passion for getting to know the students and their families personally and providing them with an experience to remember.
We’re looking for energetic, passionate and motivated teachers to join our Team of Superstar Teachers in 2020. As a growing Studio, with almost 60% of our student base aged between 2-8yrs, we are looking for Teachers who are fantastic with managing, engaging and exciting the younger age groups. Teachers must be excellent at working with a variety of skill levels including the ability to break progressions and techniques down to the very basics for beginners.
This position is right for you if:
* You are passionate, energetic and self-motivated.
* You are open to learning and willing to invest time in your own professional development.
* You are willing to attend and be helpful at our Studio Social Events held throughout the year.
* You have the ability to engage and excite the younger aged students.
* You are able to break down techniques and choreography in a way the younger students can understand.
* You have the ability to choreograph to the age and ability of students to positively showcase their skills.
This is not the right position for you if:
* You are in between contracts and looking for a casual position until your next job.
* You are only interested in money and are not invested in the growth of your students.
* You want to turn up, teach and go home and are not interested in being part of a team.
* You have no interest in learning or investing in your own personal development.
* You are unreliable and bad with technology.
* You want to be an entrepreneur or are going to start your own business.
Are you Ready?
If you like what you see and are ready to enrich the lives of your students, be part of a Studio which offers more than just dance classes and are willing to commit to a position within our team we would love to hear from you!